Bryan Danielson will not be wrestling at this Sunday’s AEW x NJPW: Forbidden Door pay-per-view event.
NJPW asked Zack Saber Jr. to call Danielson after his match at the Dominion event, but the match was never officially announced.
Danielson is dealing with an injury and the initial belief was that he would be out of action for one to two weeks. Rumor has it that he has a concussion, but this has not been confirmed.
Danielson is set to talk about his status for the Forbidden Door and Blood and Guts events tonight on AEW Dynamite.
Bryan Alvarez noted on Today’s Wrestling Observer Live that a source told him that Danielson was absent from the show and would not wrestle.
“I guess it’s possible that Bryan Danielson will show up tonight and announce he’s fighting Zack Saber. Jr at Forbidden Door okay, but I was told a few days ago that Bryan Danielson was out and he might not wrestle for a while okay so i was told i followed up today and from this morning as there is two hours I was told I’m even going to be told the exact words It’s the exact words I was told about Bryan Danielson, ‘he’s definitely out’ So he doesn’t Doesn’t look like Bryan Danielson is wrestling at Forbidden Door.
Dave Meltzer noted on Twitter that four new matches should be announced for tonight’s Dynamite show. As previously reported, AEW President Tony Khan confirmed today that Jay White’s opponent will also be revealed.
If you use any part of the quotes from this article, please credit Wrestling Observer Live with ah/t to TSWT.co for the transcript