NSW train drivers will drive slower and refuse to operate overseas-built trains as part of four days of industrial action next week.
The Rail, Tram and Bus Union said the action comes after the government canceled a meeting scheduled for Friday.
RTBU secretary Alex Claassens said he had been contacted late Thursday evening and the meeting with transport officials and government ministers had been cancelled, having already been postponed several times.
“It is beyond disappointing that the NSW government continues to play political games at the expense of workers and commuters,” Mr Claassens said.
He said the workers had acted in good faith during the long-drawn-out negotiations for a new company-level bargaining agreement after the old one expired more than a year ago.
“All we want is for the government to address the fundamental safety and labor issues that we have been talking about for many months,” Claassens said.
Industrial action is scheduled for Tuesday with slow motion where drivers will not exceed 60 km/h.
On Wednesday, members would be banned indefinitely from returning to the Rail Operations Center and would only work from their current depot on Thursday, while banning work related to the Sydney Underground indefinitely.
On Friday, members would refuse to drive foreign-built trains, decommissioning new trains introduced since 2011.