Warner Bros breaks silence on The Flash’s release plans amid controversy over Ezra Miller

0
24

Warner Bros has finally commented on the status of The flash following recent controversies surrounding Ezra Miller.

Miller completed work on the project years ago, but has since been embroiled in controversy regarding his conduct.

So far, Warner Bros, the studio behind DC projects, had not commented on whether the alleged behavior would affect the film’s $200 million (£164 million) release plans.

Discussion of these plans resurfaced this week after it was announced that the release of batgirla movie starring Leslie Grace as Barbara Gordon, was canceled entirely despite filming being completed.

See also  State Police: 1 Dead, Multiple Injured in Bus Crash on NJ Turnpike

During Warner Bros Discovery’s Q2 earnings call on Thursday (Aug. 4), Variety reports that CEO David Zaslav revealed that the studio was moving forward with The flash.

Though he didn’t mention Miller, Zaslav said of: The flashas well as other DC movies Black Adam and Shazam! 2: “We’ve seen them, we love them and we think we can make them even better.”

See also  Where have all the workers gone? Don't blame COVID, economists say | TSWT News

He said he is “very excited about them”.

Miller’s controversies started when a video appeared on Twitter in 2020 in which the actor appeared to be choking a woman in a bar in Reykjavik. The woman, who remained anonymous, said of the alleged incident: Variety : “I think it’s just fun and games – but it wasn’t.”

No charges have ever been filed against the actor. Miller has never publicly commented on the claims.

See also  New proposed changes to SA fracking rules met strong resistance

In 2022, Miller took to social media to target what they called the “Beulaville Chapter” of the Ku Klux Klan in North Carolina, saying they had to “kill themselves”. The Southern Poverty Law Center, a civil rights organization that monitors hate groups, said it was not aware of any Klan activity in the area.

Ezra Miller completed work on ‘The Flash in 2021’

(Getty images)

Miller was subsequently charged with grooming and “mentally manipulating, physically intimidating and endangering the safety and well-being” of an 18-year-old from North Dakota.

In an interview with TSWT, their teen’s father claimed Miller supplied them with alcohol, marijuana, and LSD during their friendship, which dates back to when they were 12.

Miller filmed The flash for 2021.

Elsewhere on the earnings call, Zaslav explained why the studio decided to cancel batgirla decision that led to much criticism.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here